EdgeAlert™ signals an open gate with flashing LED lights and a highly audible alarm. The amber-colored LEDs are located on the front and back of the enclosure, providing high visibility at elevated and ground levels. When a gate is being used for daily activities, workers may choose to silence EdgeAlert™ for 120 seconds by pressing the snooze/acknowledge button. Once an open gate has been closed and secured, users can reset the EdgeAlert™ alarm by pressing “Snooze/Acknowledge”, or opt for automatic reset mode.
Use with Mezzanine Platform Access Gates:
Increase facility safety and avoid OSHA violations with an EdgeAlert™ Open Gate Alarm system. Open gates at elevated mezzanine platforms present a serious safety hazard and can result in large fines during an OSHA inspection.
- Continuously Monitors Gate Status
- Warns Personnel of Gates Inadvertently Left Open
- Reduces Workplace Accidents
- Lowers Workman’s Compensatli>Avoids OSHA Open Gate Violations
- Operates by Electric or Battery Power
- Dual Channel Coded Sensor(s) Provide Added Safety
- Coded magnetic sensor(s) is tamper resistant
- Dual channel processor system is self-monitoring and will display a "fault" signal if a sensor or wiring problem is detected
- Mounts to new or existing gates
- A second magnet sensor (optional) is available for gate types that require two sensors
- Enclosure Dimensions (Black Box): 6 ⅜" W x 10 ½” H x 2 ¾” D
- Mount Bracket Dimensions: 6 ½” W x 13 ¼” H
- Mounts onto 1 ½” OD or 1 ⅝” OD Round Pipe
- Requires Plug-in Power Supply (included) and/or (4) Alkaline “D-Cell” Batteries (not included)
- Three Sound Levels: Low, Medium, or High (75, 83, or 90 dB at a distance of 24”)
- 2 ⅜” Dia. Amber lensesk
- Relay Output: Single-Pole, Single-Throw, 30V 2A, 60W
The EdgeAlert™ Open Gate Alarm system is a wise investment for new or existing gates that require a watchful eye. Whether it is used to signal an exposed, open ledge on an elevated surface; or protect against OSHA open gate violations, EdgeAlert will encourage a safer workplace.